Histoires du sport automobile

Gulf-London Rally 1967 et 1968

Invité §Tom802ml

Messages recommandés

• Réponses 124
  • Créé
  • Dernière réponse
Invité §200801zL

Tony Fall UK and Roger Clark Ford-Lotus Gulf Rally 1966.

Avant le premier ES (200 miles du depart a Londres)?

Invité §Car831di

Åke Andersson 1 Place 1966-

:jap: :jap: :jap:

Carles.

Invité §Dav061sk

Hi, Does anyone have a picture of car number "106" from the 1968 Gulf London Rally? The car Was a Reliant Sabre GT driven / co-driven bt Martin Pearson / Arthur Norton in class 8

Many Thanks

Dave Poole of www.sporting-reliants.com

Invité §200801zL

Le problem est avec les photos "Foster and Skeffington".

The problem is with the "Foster and Skeffington" photos. The excellent photos above, posted by Tommy 911 are, I believe, those of competitor Lars Helmer.

I don't think any original "proof" photos or negatives now exist and the photos that appear are the prints purchased at the time by competitors.

I have an F&S print of car number 122, the car I serviced on the 68 Gulf, (but I can't work out how to post photos here since the forum was revised).

I recall (on another forum?) we identified the stage car 106 retired on but I can't recall what else was known. Are the crew still with us? They or their relatives are likely to be the only source of photos now.

Car 106 must have passed me many times while as I was waiting for car 122 - but I can't remember it and I didn't have my camera with me anyway.

Another problem is that the British rally forums are largely populated by a younger generation who will not have their own photos from the 60s. Forum Auto is excellent because it includes older members who were there then but unfortunately the Gulf Rallies did not have many French entries or spectators. All the Gulfs had a strong Swedish entry, so maybe Thomas 911 knows of other people in Sweden who may have been there?

Invité §Dav061sk

Thanks for your info.

I have since been sent a results sheet and it looks like the Reliant Sabre Six retired sadly. The car in question was indeed an ex-works Reliant rally car registered "650 GUE" and was painted a metallic gold by the owner/driver Martin Pearson. I pleased to say that the Reliant Sabre still survives today and has been in the hands of the new owner for the last 45 years!!

I hope to find pictures of it during the Gulf rally one day!

Kind Regards

Dave Poole

www.sporting-reliants.com

Archivé

Ce sujet est désormais archivé et ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

Newsletter Caradisiac

Abonnez-vous à la newsletter de Caradisiac

Recevez toute l’actualité automobile

L’adresse email, renseignée dans ce formulaire, est traitée par GROUPE LA CENTRALE en qualité de responsable de traitement.

Cette donnée est utilisée pour vous adresser des informations sur nos offres, actualités et évènements (newsletters, alertes, invitations et autres publications).

Si vous l’avez accepté, cette donnée sera transmise à nos partenaires, en tant que responsables de traitement, pour vous permettre de recevoir leur communication par voie électronique.

Vous disposez d’un droit d’accès, de rectification, d’effacement de ces données, d’un droit de limitation du traitement, d’un droit d’opposition, du droit à la portabilité de vos données et du droit d’introduire une réclamation auprès d’une autorité de contrôle (en France, la CNIL). Vous pouvez également retirer à tout moment votre consentement au traitement de vos données. Pour en savoir plus sur le traitement de vos données : www.caradisiac.com/general/confidentialite/

• Créer...